Posted by: Judy | November 10, 2015

Comfrey Update…

I’m quite proud of the progress. I need a positive post. The start:

100_2402

The above seeds didn’t survive. However, I’d also planted seeds in starter pods. I didn’t think they survived either. I put them outside, unwilling to admit defeat. Months later:

100_2551

Surprise! I gave them their own pots. Most of them didn’t survive either. These are the survivors:

100_2562100_2563

They’re growing. Here they are, a few days ago:

100_2698

I did wonder if they were really comfrey. The one in the terra cotta pot dries out faster than the one in the plastic pot. I found it the other day with its leaves “wilting.” The leaves were laying on the dirt. I watered it, and a short while later, viola! Comfrey is an awesome indicator for when watering is needed.

Advertisements

Responses

  1. Woohoo, you have comfrey. You did it. Patience paid off. Well done.

    • Yes, I do. Now I have to keep it alive. 🙂


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Categories

%d bloggers like this: